Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU), Ukraine is one of the oldest government universities in Ukraine. The University was founded in 1805 as the Medical Faculty of the Kharkiv University. It was later renamed as Kharkiv Medical Institute and then as Kharkiv State Medical University and presently it is known as Kharkiv National Medical University.
Kharkiv National Medical University is amongst the best medical universities for MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students who wish to study medicine in Europe. Historically, the University has been a top medical educational institution in Ukraine. The Degree of MBBS (MD – General Medicine) of Kharkiv National Medical University is prestigious and it is recognized worldwide.
Indian students are taught in English medium at the university. Practical training of the students starts from the 4th year and is arranged in the municipal hospitals and clinics of Kharkiv city. Students are given the task to examine the patients, give urgent aid, fill case histories with their subsequent analysis, work at X-ray rooms, clinical and biochemical laboratories.
Kharkiv National Medical University AdmissionWhy take admission in Kharkiv National Medical University?
- The Total College Fees Kharkiv National Medical University is Low and Affordable for Indian Students.
- The Standard of Education for MBBS in Ukraine is Very High Quality and Teachers/Lecturers here are highly qualified and leaders in their field.
- No Admission Test such as IELTS or GMAT is required for Admission in Kharkiv National Medical University for MBBS in Ukraine. The Admission Process is very simple and SMABROAD will help you out in the entire process.
- Kharkiv National Medical University is a part of the Bologna Process [The Bologna Process is a series of ministerial meetings and agreements between European countries designed to ensure comparability of the standards and quality of higher education qualifications] which ensures a high quality of education.
- The World Ranking of Kharkiv National Medical University is very high.
- The degree awarded by the Kharkiv National Medical University of Ukraine are Globally Recognised by International Bodies and Organizations such as the Medical Council of India (MCI), World Health Organization (AVICENNA Directory for Medicine), FAIMER, UNESCO and AMEE.
- The students who have completed their medical degrees from Kharkiv National Medical University University in Ukraine are eligible to apply for International Licensing Exams like MCI Screening Test, USMLE (USA), PLAB (UK), as well as other licensing exams taking place throughout the world.
- Very Low Annual Fees – Studying MBBS in Ukraine costs 70% lower than the Private Medical Colleges in India. No Donation & no Hidden costs.
- Guest lecturers/professors and visiting faculty of the Universities in Ukraine include Globally Acclaimed Teachers and working professionals who are able to share their knowledge and experience with the young minds.
- Cost of living is also affordable in Ukraine.
- The medium of instruction is English for studying MBBS in Ukraine.
- Studying MBBS in Ukraine provides a gateway to other European Countries as it has bilateral student agreements in place with countries such as Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic and others thus making it easier for students to study in other European nations.
- The Faculty to Student Ratio is about 1:14 – Small class size ensures that Students get individual attention.
- More than 4,000 Indian students are currently studying at MBBS in Ukraine.
Kharkiv National Medical UniversityAccreditation
The degree of Kharkiv National Medical University is recognized and highly respected all over the world. KNMU is recognised by the Medical Council of India. This means that students who qualify NEET will be eligible to sit for MCI Screening Test/FMGE upon their return to India. The MD degree (equivalent to MBBS in India) which a student receives after graduating from Kharkiv National Medical University is also recognised by WHO and General Medical Council.
Kharkiv National Medical University Fee StructureFees of KNMU
Following is Kharkiv National Medical University Fees:
|Year->||1st year Fees (Including Hostel and one-time charges)||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year||6th Year||Total for 6 Years|
|Fees in US $||7,700||4,800||4,800||4,800||4,800||4,800||31,700|
|Hostel Fee in US $||Included||500||500||500||500||500||2,500|
|Total in ₹||5,23,600||3,60,400||3,60,400||3,60,400||3,60,400||3,60,400||23,25,600|
US $ 1= ₹68 has been used for the calculations above. Please calculate fees using the current exchange rate.
- Food expenses per year = Approx. INR 70,000 per year extra.
- Admission charges, visa charges and flight ticket extra.
To get admission in Kharkiv National Medical University there are three steps:
STEP 1: HOW TO GET INVITATION LETTER
To get an invitation letter from Kharkiv National Medical University, we require the following documents:
- Copy of International passport
- Copy of School leaving certificate
- Filled Application form
- Copy of MBBS/MD Certificate (only for PG students)
- Copy of Transcripts of MBBS/MD (only for PG students)
- Invitation charges400 US$
- Courier Charges100 US$
- You can send us the documents by email or by fax.
- You can transfer payment to us by bank transfer or by western Union.
- After receiving documents and payment. We shall send you the invitation letter,admission letter and visa support letter by courier.
STEP 2: VISA
After getting invitation letter from Kharkiv National Medical University students should contact to nearest Ukraine Embassy or Consulate. He/she should apply to Ukraine embassy with the following documents:
- Original Invitation letter
- Original international passport (valid for one year)
- Higher Secondary School certificate (translated into Ukrainian language)
- Birth Certificate (translated into Ukrainian language)
- Medical Certificate showing absence of Aids/HIV (translated into Ukrainian language)
- Medical Certificate showing physical and mental fitness (translated into Ukrainian language)
STEP 3: ARRIVAL
- After getting visa from Ukraine embassy or Consulate, students should inform us about his/her flight details with date and arrival time.
- One of our representative shall receive the student at the airport.
- In case student will not inform us about his/her arrival, he/she shall be deported back to homeland.
- It is essential for all intending international students to obtain a student visa to come to Ukraine to study in Our University. The invitation / visa support letter from Odessa National Medical University provides of accommodation guaranty in University hostels also.
- All the students require study visa of Ukraine except the citizens of the following countries: Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Moldova.
- Applicants should check with the nearest UKRAINE EMBASSY OR CONSULATE for visa.
The invitation/ visa support letter will be issued by the International department of Kharkiv National Medical University of Ukraine.
We require the following documents to issue an invitation letter to student:
- Copy of International passport
- Copy of Higher Secondary school certificate
- Filled application form
- You can send us these documents by email,there is no need to send them in original to get an invitation/visa support letter.
- All the documents which were presented at embassy should must bring with him/her when arrives to Ukraine.
- Students should must inform about their flight details to Ukraine minimum three days prior to arrival that we should make arrangements to receive them at the airport. Our representative will receive every student at the airport.