Founded in 2003, International American University is located in the heart of the Caribbean Islands, in the southern district, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, West Indies.The University is chartered and authorized by the government of St Lucia to confer various undergraduate and postgraduate degrees including the Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree.
College services and programs continue to draw upon the expertise of our faculty and staff across the medical school, and all of our affiliated teaching hospitals and institutions. The four-year medical degree program is designed to produce physicians who qualify for licensure in St. Lucia, United States and Canada. The MD program is comprised of two years of Basic Sciences at the St Lucia campus and two years of Clinical Sciences in U.S. teaching hospitals. Students are eligible to participate in clinical clerkship programs approved by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) in teaching hospitals throughout the United States. IAU is approved by Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) , USA and listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) . We are also approved by the WHO and listed in the current WHO World Directory of Medical Schools maintained by the University of Copenhagen. Students of IAU can appear or the United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLE) and other licensing examinations such as the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examinations (MCCQE) and the United Kingdom’s Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board Test (PLAB).
Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and other Health Professions (CAAM-HP)
CAAM-HP is the legally constituted international body established to accredit medical programs in the Caribbean. The standards used by the CAAM-HP are based on the United States medical school accreditation program as outlined by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, USA (LCME) and are recognized by the World Federation of Medical Education, WHO (WMFE) as comparable to US accredited schools. As such, it is concurrently recognized as a viable academic pathway to an MD degree in the United States.
From 2023, Students Graduating from a Non Accredited Med School in the Caribbean MAY NOT be entitled to continue his career in USA.
CAAM-HP accredited schools in St. Lucia have been recognized by the US Department of Education as accredited at a standard comparable to United States medical schools, as so governed by the LCME. Not only is International American University one of those schools, it is the only CAAM-HP accredited school in the country of St. Lucia.
The Biggest Key Strength of International American University is the very experienced and professional Administration and Management team which has an extensive experience in Medical Education and Several Businesses in USA. The Key Administrators and Academic staff derive a vast experience having served in high positions in Top US Medical Schools.
International American University offers scholarships for deserving students from India and other developing countries, enabling them access to quality medical education at an affordable cost.
Multiple recognitions and accreditations at credit of International American university –
International American university carries today accreditations, recognitions and listings – national as well as international from multiple agencies. This makes the College the much revered choice for the aspirants of medicine career.
* International American university was registered by the Ministry of education, Government of St. Lucia.
* In 2018, International American university earned recognition from CAAM-HP – the legal regulator and granter of accreditation for medical education programs in Caribbean. CAAM-HP is US LCME compliant and also listed with World Federation of Medical Education (WFME). On September 19th, 2016, CAAM-HP was recognized by US Department of Education Committee NCFMEA – National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation.
* International American university has been listed in International Medical Education Directory (IMED) after getting recognized by Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
* The FAIMER/IMED recognition for International American university makes its graduates eligible to register and take Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3 of USMLE. After accomplishing the Step 1 and Step 2 of USMLE and securing the graduation requirements, our students are authorized by ECFMG (Education Committee for Foreign Medical Graduates) to participate in -
1.National Residency Match Program (NRMP)
2.Canadian Residency Matching Service (CaRMS)
* International American university is also recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI).
* IAU is recognized by the Medical Council of Canada and Graduates are eligible for Licensure in Canada. IAU is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities and listed in their University database. IAU is the only School in St Lucia listed in this directory and one of the few Caribbean schools listed.
With these accreditations and recognitions, our graduates are on equal footing for a MD degree in US and most of the developed countries of world.
International American university complies with the ECFMG guidelines that post 2023, all the ‘International Medical Graduates’ need to have a degree in medical education from an accredited institution only.
Our USMLE training program on campus –
USMLE or US Medical Licensing Examination framework comprises series of tests that are aimed to assess the medical student’s ability to apply the acquired medical educational concepts, principles and theories. The ability to deliver patient centric services and skills is also on test through the examinations that are conducted in a sequence that is –
Step1 – taken by the medical student after term 5th or 6th and should be accomplished in three attempts before entering the clerkship program
Step 2 – tests the clinical knowledge and clinical skills; and taken in the early elective
Step 3 – this test is taken before or after completing the residency training
International American university students are eligible to take Step1, Step2, Step3 tests under USMLE and also register for NRMP and CaRMS.
Campus at International American university
International American university campus is located 5 minute drive from the campus. The campus easily connects with the International Airport and thus offers prime connectivity to all the global destinations, making it easier for international students to complete their medical curriculum at International American university.
Our campus highlights are –
* 200+ seating capacity Main Lecture Hall that is equipped with state of the art AV aids like multiple projection screens, hi-tech sound reinforcement, smart LCD systems and advanced lecture capture technology.
* Two subsidiary lecture halls, each with 80+ seating capacity with the LCD and projection screens along with lecture capture technology
* High quality Anatomy Lab and Practical lessons Laboratory
* General teaching classrooms
* Breakout rooms for sectional and group teaching pursuits
* Well furnished residencies together with the facilities of AC, WiFi and hygienic kitchens that prepare good quality food for the students
* Learning Resource Center cum Library that also serves as a central study place for the students
* Cafeteria and on campus food service for the students, faculty and staff members
* A Medical and Health Center to attend to the exigent and other health requirements of the students
* Dedicated offices for students, faculty and administration staff to respond to the requests in real time
* 24 hour security for the on campus student residencies; security guards also for the off campus leased residences taken up by the students. The security personnel are kept at standby to respond to any exigent need anytime.
* The Residence Halls are built at short distance from the Lecture Halls on campus which allows convenience and swift access to the students. The medical students are also encouraged to meet the faculty for discussions; as the faculty offices are situated close to residence halls.
Faculty at International American university
The high quality medical curriculum that is adopted by International American university is delivered through its highly knowledgeable faculties which are the invaluable assets for us. Our faculty members are specialists in their niches and come from US, Canada, Europe, Caribbean and other nations of world and deliver as full time or part time members. They offer their services as medical experts and held as revered authorities in their disciplines and specializations at global level. We keep inviting guest faculties also to deliver special sessions on the emerging technologies and concepts of relevance and significance in the medical education and practice.
The Five Year Program at International American university –
International American university has the unique distinction in the Caribbean region because of its high standards of offering education and also other principles that guide the institution in all aspects. Some of the salient features that are integral to International American university and define its worth include-
* Comprehensive premedical program to allow the aspirants to achieve the buoyancy and hence score better on the NBME and USMLE exams
* The ability to interact with the faculty any time for better conceptualization
* High quality infrastructure to make the learning process easy
* Acclimatization program for the students to get accustomed with the island climate, campus atmosphere and medical learning curriculum
* Opportunities for the shadow faculty while the students can find mentoring from the senior medical students as tutors who have developed mastery in their curriculums
* Assess your affinities with the medicine career early
* Smaller class batches of 25 students
However, the most important benefit that entails for any aspirant enrolling at 5 year medical learning program at International American university is the ability to apply for and secure US residency rights and subsequent medical licensing rights also there. Our medical curriculum has been developed with the same framework and objective attributes like that enforced for the US medical students. This makes our students to stay at par with the US counterparts
The Clinical Clerkships Program at International American university
International American university has adopted a comprehensive and well laid ‘Clinical Clerkships Program’ for its students so that they learn the precise practical attributes and skills. Our program has led to the development of patient centric applicative aptitudes in our students and they are now serving in the top positions in US and global centers of med excellence.
International American university has imbibed the fundamental philosophy offered by Dr.Stephen Katz who recommended that the third and fourth year medical students should be allowed to work with the patients in a hospital so that they learn the bedside practice skills and also develop the practical perception of things and disease conditions. He executed this approach at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland, US. In pursuance with this concept, International American university has been continuing with the Clinical Clerkships Program for its students who take the Grand Rounds at Johns Hopkins! Besides, we have a wide network of hospitals that are part of our clerkships program for students.
We have special focus on the Baltimore area so as to allow our students to find the ease to cover the region well. They also get chance to reach out to the community of the physician. This eliminates the unnecessary wastage of resources, especially time of our students who can focus on their studies throughout their clerkship rotation.
Cost and fee structure at International American university –
|COST FOR FIVE YEAR MD/MBBS PROGRAM AT INATERNATIONAL AMERICAN UNIVERSITY, ST. LUCIA|
|Description||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||TOTAL in USD||Total in INR|
|University Full Tuition||USD 19,500||USD 22,500||USD 25,500||USD 39,150||USD 27,000||USD 133,650||INR 8,687,250|
|Maximum Eligible Scholarship||USD 5,000||USD 5,000||USD 9,000||USD 14,550||USD 9,600||USD 43,150||INR 2,804,750|
|Tuition & Fees After Scholarship||USD 14,500||USD 17,500||USD 16,500||USD 24,600||USD 17,400||USD 90,500||INR 5,882,500|
|Hostel/Dorm||USD 2,100||USD 2,100||USD 2,100||USD 3,600||USD 2,400||USD 12,300||INR 799,500|
|Food||USD 1,800||USD 1,800||USD 1,800||USD 3,600||USD 2,400||USD 11,400||INR 741,000|
|Misc Fees||USD 4,550||USD 4,550||INR 295,750|
|Total Tuition and Living Cost||USD 22,950||USD 21,400||USD 20,400||USD 31,800||USD 22,200||USD 118,750||INR 7,718,750.00|
|Other Misc Fees|
|International Registration Fees||USD 1,750|
|University Process Fees||USD 1,500|
|Orientation and Visa Fees||USD 350|
|Transcript Evaluation Fee||USD 200|
|Technology Fee - Electronic Resources||USD 750|
|USD 4,550||INR 295,750.00|
|Dollar Exchange rate has been taken as 1 USD = 65 INR|
HOW TO GET THE SCHOLARSHIP 2019.
Trinity Medical College offers scholarship to Indian students on the parameters of merit and need. Scholarship to the extent of INR 35 lacs is available if the aspirant applies within time and also qualifies the criteria of the College. The scholarship could be applied by filling the online form here through us (SM Abroad).Kindly add the cost of SM ABROAD service charges towards Counselling, Guidance, Admission, travel services (Air Ticket + Visa + Hostel Drop) as per the Registration Form.
Students with minimum of 60% marks in PCB in their 10+2 in India can apply for the MBBS course at Trinity College. However, students with lower percentage like 50% can also apply (but without scholarship assistance).
ADMISSION PROCESS :
The admission process is fairly simple and available online! Indian students can apply now through SM ABROAD by filling the online application. However, it is suggested that they apply early so as to avoid the hassles and gain assured seat at Trinity Medical College. Aspirants fulfilling the designated criteria can depart by 10th September this year. SM Abroad provides a completely hassle-free admission to MBBS in USA for Indian students!. Just follow the instructions given below--
After personal interview: