About Capital Medical University
Capital Medical University (CMU) formerly known as Beijing second medical college was founded in 1960. It ranks among the top academic medical institutions in China and is one of the key municipal universities in Beijing. Professor Wu Jieping, the founding president of the university, was a world famous urologist as well as a member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering. Today, six members of teaching staff are members of these prestigious academies, enhancing the university’s domestic reputation further.
CCMU consists of 10 Schools, 14 affiliated hospitals and 1 teaching institution. The university has over 9,000 enrolled students. CMU provides a wide range of educational programs in English language for Doctorates, Masters, Bachelors and certificates.
CMU is a well known academic institution for its strong capacity in scientific research. It hosts many key national and municipal disciplines, laboratories and exchange stations for post-doctoral research. High-caliber national and municipal research and training centers and institutes are founded here, covering a wide range of fields including General Practitioner Training, Clinical Medicine, Basic Medicine, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Geriatrics, Urology, Cardiology, Pain Medicine, Toxicology, Biomedical Engineering, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Reproduction, Health Policy, etc.
University has achieved national and international recognitions in many areas such as Neurobiology, Cytobiology, Immunology, Medical Iconography, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Cardiology, Cardiac-vascular Surgery, Kidney Transplantation, Respiratory Disease, Digestive Medicine, Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology and Pediatric Hematology, among others.
Studying in Beijing
Beijing is home to a great number of colleges and universities, including several well-regarded universities of international stature. Many international students from Japan, Korea, North America, Europe, Southeast Asia, and elsewhere come to Beijing to study every year. Living in Beijing, part of your daily commute to class might involve seeing some of the opulent palaces, pagodas, temples, iconic landmarks, tombs and gardens.
Beijing is certainly not a destination for those looking for a ‘small-town’ feel. But if you like the idea of studying in a city with strong international career opportunities, while keeping a finger to the pulse of one of the world’s fastest-developing countries, then this dynamic metropolis at the center of the world’s most populous nation could be for you.
CMU is made up of six campuses located throughout the capital. The Main Campus and the CCMU International Campus both are located in Fengtai District, whiles Shunyi Campus in Shunyi District, Wanshoulu Campus in Haidian District, Hepingli Campus in Dongcheng District, and Dongsishitiao Campus in Dongcheng District. International students study and live mainly on the CCMU International Campus.
University campuses are within easy reach by public transportation and it consists of Library, International and Local Restaurants, Student Dining Hall, Tennis Courts, Soccer Fields, Gymnasium, Indoor Basketball Courts, Outdoor Basketball Courts and Indoor Swimming Pool
- Xuan Wu Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University First Clinical School): Founded in 1959, it is one of the largest general hospitals in Beijing specialized in neurology and geriatrics, and is experienced in clinical practice, medical education and research, disease prevention and health care etc.
- Beijing Friendship Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Second Clinical School): Founded in 1953, it is one of the largest general hospitals in Beijing, majoring in digestive, chronic hepatic diseases, and tropical diseases etc., and the hospital is medically advanced in anti-infection and organic transplantation.
- Beijing Chao Yang Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Third Clinical School): Founded in 1958, it is one of the largest general hospitals in Beijing but is advanced in nine medical fields, including respiratory, cardiology, hyperbaric oxygen disease and so on.
- Beijing Tong Ren Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Forth Clinical School): Founded in 1886, it is one of the large general hospitals in Beijing, specialized in ophthalmology, otolaryngology and cardiovascular disease.
- Beijing Tian Tan Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Fifth Clinical School): Founded in 1956, it is one of the large general hospitals in Beijing, specialized in neurosurgery and medical imaging. It is the largest neurosurgery center in Asia.
- Beijing An Zhen Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Sixth Clinical School): Founded in 1984, it is one of the large general hospitals in Beijing, highly experienced and skillful in cardiopulmonary vascular diseases, ICU, CCU etc. It is a surgery center famous for heart and lung diseases and transplantations.
- Fu Xing Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Eighth Clinical School): Founded in 1950, it is one of the general hospitals in Beijing, advanced in uteroscopy and women’s health care. It is highly experienced in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases and community medical services.
- Beijing You An Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Ninth Clinical School): Founded in 1956, it is one of the largest specialized hospitals in Beijing, famous for the treatment and control of infectious diseases, hepatitis, AIDS and liver transplantation.
- Beijing Children’s Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University School of Pediatrics): Founded in 1942, it is the largest comprehensive children’s hospital in China, as well as the national paediatrics base, paediatric disease prevention, and a treatment center with the collaboration of WHO and UN Children Found.
- Beijing Stomatological Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University School of Stomatology): Founded in 1945, it is one of the largest specialized stomatological hospitals in China, highly skilled in stomatological treatment and prevention, and contains a comprehensive stomatological clinical medical school.
- Beijing An Ding Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University School of Mental Health): Founded in 1914, it is one of the largest specialized hospitals in China for the treatment of psychiatric and psychological patients. It serves as the National Psychiatrist Training Center for the Ministry of Health.
- Beijing Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University School of Obstetrics and Gynecology): Founded in 1959, it is the largest specialized obstetrics and gynecology hospital in Beijing, advanced in perinatology and women’s reproduction health, and also serves as WHO research and training center for women’s health in China.
- Beijing Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University School of Clinical Traditional Chinese Medicine): Founded in 1958, it is one of the largest traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) hospitals in Beijing, undertaking the tasks of training medical students in clinical practice, medical education and research in the field of TCM.
- China Rehabilitation Research Center (Capital Medical University School of Rehabilitation Medicine): It’s the largest rehabilitation center in China, undertaking the tasks of treatment, research, education in the field of rehabilitation.
- The Beijing Center for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC) is the center for preventive medicine education and research affiliated with the School of Public Health and Family Medicine of CMU. It undertakes the task of public health control during severe epidemic outbreaks.
6 years' Program include:
1 year foundation course (on campus courses),
2 year basic medicine (on campus courses),
2 year clinical medicine (on campus and hospital courses),
1 year hospital work (in hospital)
Fee Structure University :-
|Tuition Fees/ Year
|Accommodation / Year
|Misc. Charges / Year
|Total RMB / Year
Total in INR @ Rs. 10.30
In addition, in 1st year a One Time Charge of RMB 18,650/- (Rs. 1,92,100/-) is payable to the University.
Note: Fees are not refundable after you check in and register.
Eligibility for MBBS in Capital Medical University
- Applicant must be coming from the STEM background with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their curriculum.
- The aggregate score should be 50 percent in all of the above-mentioned subjects
- Two years of study experience of the following subjects are required.
- They must be fluent in English and should be able to communicate accordingly.
- The upper age and lower age limit for eligibility are 25 and 17 respectively.
- The Medium of Teaching in Dalian Medical University
- The Medium of Teaching is primarily English but students are likely to receive training of Chinese language for a year since the universities believe that hey will excel better in local treatment and practices with their knowledge of the Chinese language. But that is only limited for the first year as the rest of their training is conducted in English. It may sound intimidating but it really is not.
Admission Process for Capital Medical University
Check out the Following Documents Required to Apply in Capital Medical University
- Application Form
- One passport size photo
- Marksheets of 11th & 12th standards from the respective board or council of education.
- School Leaving Certificate
- Certificates of class 11th & 12th from the concerned board or council of education
- Scanned copies of a valid passport including the photo page.
- All the above documents must be notarized and attested from the relevant authorities.
- Extra-curricular activity certificates (in the field of study, sports, volunteering, dancing, drama, etc.)
Once you have submitted all of the documents, SMAbroad will carefully assess and send them to the Admission Committee for International Students of the particular University you have chosen.
The student is required to pay the application, admission, and processing fees as per the University norms. The application and the processing fee need be paid in advance.
The processing fees can be sent to China or India, whichever is earlier.
After receiving the payment, we will do it all for you and send you the official photocopy of your Admission Letter issued by the University within seven working days. Also, we process your documents to the ministry of education in China for the issuance of the JW2O2 form that is required by the Chinese embassy in your country to issue a Student Visa. The documents will be dispatched to you by express mail or FedEx.
Once these documents are received- the Admission Letter and the JW2O2 Form (visa form) - the student visa process can be commenced in association with your nearest Embassy/Consulate of China in your country. Documents required applying for the visa are:
- A valid passport
- Recent passport size photographs
- Visa Application Form
- JW202 Form (Don't forget to bring the original copy while coming to China)
- Admission Letter issued by the University.
- Health Check-up Form / Physical Examination Record
After receiving the Visa, inform us rightly, and we will arrange the Air Tickets and inform you about the date and time of your Departure from your Country.
After you reach in China, our representative will receive you at the Airport and Guide you to the University Hostel. Next morning, the representative will also assist you in paying the Admission and Administrative fees at the University counter, wherein you will be joining the MBBS program.
The Student will not have to face any problem because he/she will be guided until our Representatives Complete the entire Process.
It takes around one month, from the time you receive the Admission Letter from us to your China Visa being issued from your Country.